Welcome! Velkomin! Wilkommen! Bienvenue!





Friday, April 26, 2013

creative in another way

I´ve been creative in an unusual way: creating the right atmosphere in my new home

my favorite things at my new home are...

This wall: it´s made out of special stones (Drápuhlíðargrjót) and I loved it the minute I walked into the house for the first time
the table: it was left in the house by the former owners & it looks like it was made 
for this house
this whole room: the livingroom, it´s so big, bright and beautiful

... having my own garden: can´t wait to grow my own herbs, veggies and flowers

... having my own working-space/craft room with this view: 

sneak-peek on my working space I: I carved the fish myself with a little help by my mother
the rest was found on the beach in Arnarfjörður (Westfjords) last summer 

sneak-peek II: from the Westfjords

sneak-peek III: remains of my youth

 my boys love our new home too... 

... but THEIR favorite thing about it is this football-game that was left in the house 
by the former owners

I must say, I love almost every little thing about this house - and the longer I live in it, 
the more I like it    
... and it has such a wonderful ´60/´70ies flair to i

6 comments:

  1. Yndislegt hjá ykkur! Innilega til lukku :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, Kristin, you will be very happy in your new home!
    I really like the stone wall, it's very unique, and what a spectacular view from your craft room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really like it too - it´s starting to look so much better and I'm starting to look forward to having time to do something else and more creative than unpacking boxes :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures of your new home! I love the spacious simplicity of it. How exciting for you all! You'll really enjoy having a garden and work space. Those stones are amazing... such interesting colours and textures. I really like your fish carving; he looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - we really love it here too! It´s also starting to look more like a home and less like a box-factory :-D

      Delete