Welcome! Velkomin! Wilkommen! Bienvenue!





Tuesday, March 27, 2012

IKEA makeovers and buttons...


I´m a really lucky lady... a wonderful friend read a post, where I told you how I love buttons and she sent me some beautiful buttons she had at home... ohhhh how I love them... thank you so much Kristín!!! Aren´t they pretty and perfect??

For a long time now, I've been a big fan of IKEA and IKEA-makeovers. I´ve done several IKEA-makeovers, but today I want to share with you my 3 favorite ones:

1. IKEA RAST-bedside-table turnes into a stove for my boys:
A few years ago, my boys had so much fun, playing around with children-stoves so I used my imagination and made them one myself. I used a bedside-table, a towel-rail, knobs, IKEA-fabric and some black paint to create this:

My boys still play with it, and love it! A friend of mine came with her tools, and we had SO MUCH FUN making it - much more fun than I would have had just buying a normal childrens-stove in the toystore :-) Imagination is a great thing!

2. IKEA fabric turnes into one of my favorite dresses:
Remember how I told you the other day, that my mother was helping me making a dress-pattern, so I could sew a dress for myself? I knew exactly what I wanted: an A-line sixties-feel-good-dress. My genius-mother and textile-artist helped me to make a pattern (Link to her homepage)... she learned how to do this many years ago and I think she is able to make a pattern for almost anything you want to sew, if you just know what you want... like I said: genius. The first dress was a "test-drive" for the pattern, and we used a really pretty IKEA-fabric... this is how it turned out and I LOVE, love, love it:



3. IKEA fabric and a cork-memo-board:
The other day I got this really boring and ugly looking cork-memo-board. From the start, I knew I wanted to give it a little makeover, and this weekend I finally did! I used this really beautiful IKEA-fabric and my staple gun and made this:

Bidenam, my wonderful big boy, thought this was so pretty and genius and called it a "piece of art" :-) (eða: "listaverk") - I actually love it too now...
So very quick and easy! It took me about 5 minutes...

I wanted to show you, that spring has arrived in Iceland...
... at last!!!

Beautiful roses my husband gave me the other day - we´ve been together for 15 years know...

7 comments:

  1. Flottur kjóll!!!!!

    kv. fríða

    .... og tölurnar fjársjóður.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Þú ert nú meiri snillingurinn! Tölurnar æði, kjóllinn yndi og eldhúsið, maður minn!! Þú ert greinilega hæfileikarík á öllum sviðum mín kæra :)

    *knúsar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Takk fyrir stelpur mínar! :-) Er þetta ekki alltaf bara soldið spurningin um að nota hugmyndaflugið og framkvæma?? knús til ykkar

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely are a creative lady and now I know you inherited that talent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Judi!!! :-) That´s so sweet of you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eldavélin er æði! Sniðug hugmynd og mikið flottara en toys r us plasvélar!;)
    Og kjóllinn, algjört æði! Og efnið finnst mér passa svo vel við hann. Þú ert svo dugleg að koma hlutunum í verk!;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Takk fyrir! Ég er mikið í kjólnum (er búin að sauma mér 2 aðra með sama sniði úr öðru efni, sýni þá þegar ég fæ Balema til að nenna að taka myndir) Já, og það er líka svo sanarlega líka miklu skemmtilegra að föndra þetta en að fara í toys r us! :-)

    ReplyDelete