Welcome! Velkomin! Wilkommen! Bienvenue!





Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Treasures of nature


I´ve always been interested in the healing-power of wild herbs, especially the icelandic ones. Since I´ve got the time to do different things now, I started some experiments with herbs, after reading a lot about the healing-power of herbs, homemade balms, creams and oils on the internet. My first thing to do was to mix up some dry chamomile with olive oil in a glass jar, which I then put in my kitchen window, since it´s the sunniest spot in the flat - now I have to be very patient (so hard!) for 2-3 weeks and after that I can mix it up with some other things to make a balm and some other things out of it! This is so exciting!

3 comments:

  1. þú ert alveg óstöðvandi Kristín Hrund !!!! :) gaman að fylgjast með athafnagleðinni!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. En spennandi! Ég hlakka til að sjá hjá þér loka afurðina! Fórstu bara og tíndi jurtir?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sælar stelpur! :-) Ég átti þurrkuð kamillublóm sem eru hugsuð sem te en ég notaði þau semsagt frekar í þessa tilraun frekar en að drekka þau. Í dag bætti ég svo nokkrum fjallagrösum við þetta, sem ég týndi síðasta sumar án þess að fatta að þetta væru fjallagrös (ætlaði að prófa lita með þeim ull). Í sumar ætla ég svo að fara á fullt að týna sjálf jurtir og búa til eitthvað úr þeim (birki td. ofl)

    ReplyDelete