Welcome! Velkomin! Wilkommen! Bienvenue!





Friday, February 17, 2012

Flashback: a lopapeysa-chart


I´m´really excited to introduce you: my first very own contribution on Ravelry: Flashback, a lopapeysa-chart. This chart is designed for an icelandic adult lopapeysa made out of single stranded unspun icelandic plötulopi. But of course, you can use it for many different things like knitted cushions, embroidery, even a lopapeysa made out of léttlopi or some other materials with the same gauge (18.0 to 24.0 sts = 4 inches; 50g =100m) - if you use einband (lace), you might have to add a few rows in the beginning... just use your imagination!

I call my chart "Flashback", because working on this chart brought me back in time, and made me think of myself, drawing patterns in my math-notebook in school, instead of working on my math-skills! :-D

I´d love to see some pictures of your work, if you are using my chart! :-)

On the following pictures you can see what the chart looks like when knitted. For this sweater, I used the pattern "Freyja" by Ragnheiður Eiríksdóttir (available in english and icelandic).

Details:
Material: Þingborg-lopi
Needles: for the body: 4,5; for the sleeves: 3,5 (will use only 3,5 next time because my gauge is quite loose)
changes: modified arms (longer and different increases)- I really love the Freyja-body, shaped with short rows, decreases and increases...

My chart: Flashback
From a distance:

Shaping:
Love this buttons... old buttons from my mum - and yes, I DO have a thing for buttons...

Steeking is a strange thing...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is absolutely lovely, Kristin!! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Innilega til hamingju með fyrstu uppskriftina þína! Hún er dásamleg!

    Vonandi er hún sú fyrsta af mörgum öðrum!

    Knús!

    ReplyDelete