Welcome! Velkomin! Wilkommen! Bienvenue!





Thursday, September 1, 2011

A really good day

I finished a new, very simple shawl yesterday called "vinkonusjal" (Fleiri Prjónaperlur). It´s the second time I knit this one and I really like the pattern - it´s so easy, quick and so very different every time, depending on the yarn and needles you use. This time I used the soft, icelandic "kambgarn" and needles 3,5. The piece is really small and cute- it´s more like a bactus or a shawl for a little girl.






I also have to tell you, that today was a really good day. It all started with a cup of coffee with a very dear friend, who sent me home with a black garbagebag filled with rhubarb for my yarn-dyeing... but I´ll probably make sume rhubarb-jam, pie and some other things with it too, since it really is a lot! She also gave me a small owl for my collection and some owl-napkins which I love:

On my way home, I stopped at a thriftstore and got a really beautiful retro-oil-lamp, a HUGE pot for my yarndyeing (my biggest one so far) and a candle-holder which I´m going to use for special project I´ll show you later... I just couldn´t believe my luck:


4 comments:

  1. ..what a wonderful scarf and congratulations to your treasures... I do know how one feels when one is running into such goodies...have a wonderful day,
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aeðislega saett sjalið! Mmmmmm mig langar í rabbabaragraut eins og mamma gerir, með rjóma! Og til lukku með fjársjóðinni, ég er forvitin að sjá hvað þú aetlar að gera við lampann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christa: Thank you!! Finding hidden treasures is just wonderful!!
    Jóhanna: rabbarbaragrautur er svooooo góður! Namm! Ég ætla sko að gera eitthvað við kertastjakann... vantar bara 1 hlut til að geta framkvæmt það! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was für ein wunderschönes Tuch!
    Ganz viele Grüße nach Island!
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete