Welcome! Velkomin! Wilkommen! Bienvenue!





Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hexagons for a baby-girl


I´ve been wanting to make the hexagon-sweater from the book "Þóra heklbók" by Tinna Þórudóttir Þorvaldsdóttir for a while and since I was going to become an aunt for the second time this winter, I started working on it a couple of months before the little one was born.

It was really fun, exciting and surprising making this one. The interesting thing about this sweater is, that it is made out of 2 hexagons.

I used wonderful, soft, warm and practical Yaku superwash merino wool by Strikkebogen (bought in "Litla Prjónabúðin") and hook nr. 3,5. My sister  told me she wanted happy colors for her baby and that´s why I went for this strong/intensive color-combo.

I had fun making it and I really like the outcome - I´d love to try making this one, using léttlopi...

Front

Back

Back: close-up

Button from my button-stash: buttons are important and I really LOVE this one!









10 comments:

  1. Kristen that sweater is gorgeous !
    We have been having a heat wave here this week . I cranked up the air conditioning in the front room and pretended it was winter while I crocheted three scarfs for the holidays . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Willow! :-) I wish we had to PRETEND it was winter over here... it has been raining all summer here in Iceland. But the good thing about rain is, that it´s the perfect weather for knitting and crochet!

      Delete
  2. It's lovely! I love the cheerful colours, and I'm sure your sister will too. That's a very clever design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. I´m happy to say that she really liked it :-)

      Delete
  3. Hún er algjört æði hjá þér, mjög fersk litasamsetning ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk fyrir kæra Dagga! Á smá afgang af þessu dásamlega garni og ætla að gera eitthvað notalegt fyrir sjálfa mig úr því.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful

    ReplyDelete