Welcome! Velkomin! Wilkommen! Bienvenue!





Monday, February 4, 2013

pillowcases

Many years ago, I covered my pillows with fabric I have now grown out of - meaning: I really don´t like them anymore. I have been thinking about new pillowcases for a while now and during a visit in  IKEA the other day I got some really nice fabric on sale and some lace curtain-scraps for almost nothing. The best thing about the fabric probably was the color: curry/mustard/crazy-yellow/greenish. 

This is what I made out of it:  

Nr. 1.
IKEA fabric and curtain-scraps: 
it was a bit tricky to sew the two fabrics together but it was worth the effort...

I really love the way the yellow/greenish shines through the white lace curtains
(p.s. my older son likes this one too and want´s one of his own to sleep with in the night)

the back: my cases are open so it´s really easy to wash them

Nr. 2.
An old doily from my favorite thriftstore and IKEA fabric
 - what a nice way to use/recycle old doilies -

the two together, waiting for their brothers and sisters I´m currently working on...

9 comments:

  1. Yndislegt mín kæra, ekkert smá flott :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. takk fyrir sæta! Mæli með því að prófa - það er nefnilega alls ekki erfitt að sauma sína eigin púða :-)

      Delete
    2. um að gera að nota hugmyndaflugið og eitthvað skemmtilegt úr nytjamörkuðum...

      Delete
  2. I love the fabrics and colours, and both pillows came out beautifully. That really is a great idea to reuse old doilies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flottir púðar. Ef efnin vilja 'hlaupa frá hvort öðru' gæti verið ágætt að nota límsprey sem er notað í bútasaum, það heldur efnunum á sínum stað og þvæst svo burt í næsta þvotti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sæl Sigrún og þakka þér kærlega fyrir þetta góða ráð! Ég hafði ekki hugmynd um þetta efni - en ég mun koma við í Vogue eða Virku í næstu ferð í bæjinn og kíkja á þetta. Gæti verið sniðugt í allt mögulegt...

      Delete
  4. æðislega sætir og eitthvað svo rómó! Hefurðu koverið eitthvað stærra en púðann sjálfann?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. einsog ég sagði þér áðan: þetta er lengja - 2 cm breiðari ca. á hliðunum og svo 10-15 cm lengra í lengdina...

      Delete