Welcome! Velkomin! Wilkommen! Bienvenue!





Friday, September 30, 2011

Hyrna Herborgar


I finished my first "Hyrna Herborgar" this week - it was made in a second KAL RodPrjonar, Gummi and Knittingmydayaway did together. At first, we wanted to make Laminaria but then we decided to make Hyrna Herborgar first and that Laminaria would be our next project. You can see Rodprjonars result here.
I really learned some new things making this shawl and once again had to admit to myself that patience is be REALLY important when knitting lace. :-)

I love my new "Herborg" and I´m sure that I´ll make more of those - this one looks so much more complicated than it really is. I also love the colour of this yarn - I dyed it with crowberries and the colour seems to bee in "3D"... it is not only plain grey, but it also has a glimpse of purple, blue and something else I can´t really put in words... you just have to see it with your own eyes because pictures never show you the real beauty and depth of the colours.

Details:
yarn: my own einband (what else? :-), handdyed with crowberries (krækiber)
needles: 3,5
Pattern: the beautiful Hyrna Herborgar, from the book "Þríhyrnur og langsjöl"

Here some pictures...







And just for fun: an update on my process on "Kyrrð"... I´m almost done, just about 8 repeats to do...

3 comments: